Virtual Deleted (for now) 44 brushes, 88 left.
|virtual deleted bruhes.|
So if you like the idea here we go.
This is a document with lot of info, not for begginers even when they can learn some tips here and there, but lot of terminology is present.
You are going to see lot of “IMO”( in my opinion). Of course you can disagree totally or not. I expose my ideas based on my own experience and i hope this help, if you like flames i am not you man ;)
Also you will need this image to follow the numbers.
- 1 it can be changed by eraser soft. They do basically the same, erase softly. the Airbrush erase don´t use the Airbrush feature. Also imo is not a good idea put an eraser as the first brush in the default pack.If you(begginer) try it in a blank layer you can see nothing is happening and think the software is bad or the tool is not working.
- 3 The “noise” size controlled by density can’t be modified In big canvas sizes. This could be make the noisy effect invisible or not perceptible.
- 4 Airbrush pressure is a redundant term. It would be like the tipical Airbrush. Added 2 instead, Airbrush linear i would remove linear.
- 7 we have a lot of “wetpaint” colorsmudge brushengine based brushes.
- 9 Gaussian term is not a common word to describe behavior in brushes. It is slow and Soft curve can do the same and more imo.
- 12 The Soft thing is not enough for me to be as brush.
- 14 Added 20 instead. If the tablet has no tilt options, we can use RMB to change angle.
- 22,26, 27 Added 24 instead.I wish to control the size of bristles and the scale of them. nowadays they are always 1px width wich is nice for low res but is useless for highres images. 6000px wide.
- 38, 39, 40 i can’t see practical uses. Maybe sketching. Added 37 to have a sample of this brushengine. I would add to the “specials” category
- 44 added 45 instead in “ink” category. It is only to fill big areas, it could be replaced by 86 or 87. The tip can be changed to be square to be more usable in squared surfaces just changing the brush tip to square.
- 46 Slow and nowadays we have another Blender Blur wich is soft. If DOF is what we need i would put it in FX or Distort Category
- 51 There is a newer version for krita4. WIP
- 55, 56, 57 Added 53, 54 instead in Texture category
- 60 It can be replaced by 63. The ink stroke
- 62, 64 Very small imo. Added 63 instead
- 65 added 68 instead.
- 69, 70, 71,72 i consider them as basic brushes. 69 or 71 can be replaced for 20. 70 can be replaced by basic brush with opacity by pressure. 72 can be replaced by ink brush just to take notes.
- 77 added 78 instead . Is texture controlled by pattern in Basic category
- 94 Added 93 instead. We can control opacity by the upper menu slider or RMB. it would be great to have opacity by pressure or gradient as original Alchemy software.
- 97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105. added 95, 96 as representation of the Sketchbrushengine. Shows basic features. Too much variation of the same brush engine (11 brushes). The pencil icon is not very intuitive. Size doesn’t control real size but Area to be affected and this is not usual behavior but special behavior in sketch brushengine. This can confuse some users.
- 115 Useless imo. Only show change on color dynamics.The sorrounder brushes are very different. And the icon is related to dry technique like pastel so this could be confusing.
- 117 Added 120 (Blending cat. “Particle” Effect that blends color.)
- 123 Added 118, 121 instead
- 129 It is not related with nature neither texture. Random in rotation makes very hard to predict results. And useless imo.
That's all for the Round 2. Could i remove more brushes? could i simplify a bit more but without loosing quality and options for the user? maybe in Round 3 . Sharing and comments are apreciated as always. more feedback means better software